We are currently seeking to add a paralegal in corporate and commercial matters.
- draft standard legal documents in corporate law;
- conduct legal due diligence searches;
- maintain efficient file management and bring-forward systems;
- enter dockets, billings, prepare invoices;
- prepare cheque requisitions, trust deposits and withdrawals;
- prepare expense reports;
- proactive in the support of our daily legal practice; and,
- perform clerical, administrative and general office duties as required.
- extensive knowledge in corporate law, due diligence and business transactions;
- solid typing and computer skills: proficiency in MS Office, BC Online, EasyLaw;
- excellent organization and communication skills;
- self-motivated and ability to multi-task;
- strong proofreading, grammatical skills, and attention to detail;
- professional work ethic and attitude;
- fluency in Cantonese or Mandarin is an asset.
- a graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant or Paralegal program; and
- Bachelor's degree.
A minimum of three years of work experience as a legal assistant or paralegal in a Canadian law firm supporting multiple legal professionals in related legal areas.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and demonstrated ability.
Full-time or Part-time (depends on suitability to the position).