JF Law Corporation, a dynamic and growing business law firm located in downtown Vancouver, is seeking a legal assistant to help its fast-paced legal practice in corporate, commercial and real estate matters.
- draft standard legal documents and correspondence;
- maintain an efficient file management and bring forward system;
- open and organize client files;
- manage calendars, coordinate meetings, and travel arrangements;
- enter dockets, billings, prepare invoices and account letters;
- prepare cheque requisitions and trust deposits and withdrawals;
- prepare expense reports;
- maintain and update contact information;
- act proactively in the support of our daily legal practice; and
- perform clerical, administrative and general office duties as required.
- sufficient acknowledge of Real Estate, Corporate laws;
- solid typing and computer skills: proficiency inMS Office, BC Online, PC law;
- excellent organization and communication skills;
- self-motivated and ability to multi-task;
- strong proofreading, grammatical skills, and attention to detail;
- professional work ethic and attitude;
- fluency in Cantonese or Mandarin is an asset.
- a graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program; and
- Bachelor's degree.
A minimum three-year working experience as a legal assistant in a Canadian law firm supporting multiple legal professionals.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and demonstrated ability.